Welcome!

"Might've been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one"-Capt. Mal Reynolds. To learn more about me and the blog, read here.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two Parts of Palmdale

I thought today I'd show you a bit of what Kay and Linus have done outside of Palmdale in case you're interested in seeking it out. First up is Linus of Hollywood playing bass and working with his friend (and personal guitar hero of mine) Paul Gilbert(vocals and guitar). The Drummer is Marcos Minneman. All 3 are just superb.

Linus tells me that when they toured behind this album, "Spaceship One", Paul bought them all space suits like they wear here to perform in. He said the ones Paul bought were much cooler, as in less hot to wear.


And then there's Kay Hanley. I'll make this short to avoid excessive gushing. You've heard Kay with Letters To Cleo and on the Josie & The Pussycats soundtrack. She did the theme to "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" among other things. The song she performs here is called "Galapagos" and it's from her first full solo cd "Cherry Marmalade" from 2002. Accompanied by USA Mike, aka Michael Eisenstein, who's also the lucky devil who is her husband and a great guitarist in his own right.


Be here tomorrow as we wrap up a first week and musical guest Palmdale.

Email me mnorton1972@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter @colierrannd



No comments:

Post a Comment