Welcome!

"Might've been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one"-Capt. Mal Reynolds. To learn more about me and the blog, read here.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thom Hartman: We Need A Progressive Movement


Wow, not like I haven't been saying this for months on this blog and at blogdog. But Thom Hartmann has some very good thoughts on the country and how we can fix it. He says we need a progressive movement and I agree 100%.

Find it blogged at The Political Carnival here.

My only problem, as I pointed out in the comments, is that the argument assumes Barack Obama will be more progressive in his second term. It also assumes he'd nominate progressives for the Supreme Court. He hasn't done either of these, while he's had a majority in Congress. What makes Thom,who I respect a great deal, think Obama will change? The fear of a Republican president is not be a good enough reason to support a Republican-lite candidate. Obama has lost any good will and trust I have for him as a leader. He'd have to do something very substantial to get that back before I'd support him over a real liberal.

No comments:

Post a Comment