Welcome!

"Might've been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one"-Capt. Mal Reynolds. To learn more about me and the blog, read here.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm So Sorry Willow


I'd just like to say something directly to Willow Palin, if no one minds. Oh yea it's my blog.

Dear Willow,
I'm sure you try to be a decent person and let's face it, it can't be easy for you. Your mom is dragging you around the country so she can make millions in speaker's fees. Your dad is well, married to your mom. I can't imagine what that is like. I myself grew up in an abused household and I still can't imagine how bad you've got it.
So while it was shocking to read the hateful things you spewed on your Facebook page, I think I can understand why. No, no I don't think you've been abused but rather your actions are the unfortunate result of what is clearly bad parenting.

Obviously you were never taught, as I was, that saying hurtful things only hurts yourself. You might not have been taught that calling names changes no one's mind. You seem to only have been taught how to lash out, and for that, I am truly sorry.

While I am not your parent and I wasn't in a position to teach you these things, it's clear that my generation has failed yours. We've allowed slurs against gay people to go unchecked for too long. Now we're trying to combat it but unfortunately I think it's too late. And that brings me to my second apology to you Willow.

I have to apologize because where my generation dropped the ball, it's now up to yours to eradicate the hate and hurt that those words cause. You and your generation are going to have cut that language and attitude out of our society once and for all like the cancer it is. I wish I could take this burden from you but as I said, we've failed. For the sake of your children and the coming generations, I beg you, do not fail them.

Email me mnorton1972@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter @Colierrannd

No comments:

Post a Comment