Welcome!

"Might've been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one"-Capt. Mal Reynolds. To learn more about me and the blog, read here.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Well I'm Not Licked!" Filibuster Reform Is Essential pt 3


I'm feeling like this is my least productive week in a long time. My sinuses and knee are in a constant struggle this week with my brain to see how much I can focus or not. Its a shame I guess with all the stuff going on in Washington and here in Texas, so real quickly let me apologize. I'm working on some articles but I wanted to post SOMETHING positive so here's this.

Sen. Tom Udall of New Mexico is on the filibuster reform bandwagon. I think you all should go check his site out, and call your senator to tell them you want filibuster reform, specifically that if a senator feels so strongly he wants to debate a bill he should have to stand up and plead his case much like Bernie Sanders did last Friday. Remember that while there may or may not be a Christmas break for the Senate, you certainly can still call, write or email then (contactingthecongress.org) and let them know you want this. I think even if you're a Republican you should want this because at some point you're gonna be in the majority again. Plus, how cowardly do you have to be to just hand your leader a note and walk away?

OK, more later on Thursday maybe. I'm working on an article on exactly why liberals are so pissed at the President. Here's a hint: It's not just the tax cut deal.

Follow me on Twitter @Colierrannd and email me mnorton1972@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a senator actually having to filibuster if they want debate to stop on an issue.. this would expose the senator to the media and assure that he is willing to endure the scrutiny of a watching world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only that, it gives cover to a majority leader, who wouldn't be accused of not playing hard ball and calling them out. There's no reason not to do this.

    ReplyDelete