Welcome!

"Might've been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one"-Capt. Mal Reynolds. To learn more about me and the blog, read here.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thank You Sen. Collins


Senator Collins,
The other day I posted an open letter to you, asking you not to allow the wishes of your party to have their way on taxes to stand in way of doing the right thing as regards DADT repeal. While there may be bumps along the way to final passage, you were good enough to vote for cloture today, Thursday Dec. 9,2010, even though the tax package hasn't come up for a vote. I would like to think had the vote been taken that you would vote for repeal and so I am taking the time to say Thank You. Thanks for doing the right thing, I'm sure you're hearing about it from the GOP side. While I am a proud liberal and will probably have lots to disagree with you on in the future, I believe in recognizing when anyone does the right thing. So again, thanks.

Happy Holidays,
Michael J Norton

P.S. A small favor if you will...if you haven't yet, please try to convince your fellow Republicans that DADT repeal is not only the right thing to do but will help the jobs numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment